One of our core business value is that we treat your information with respect. We never sell or give away your data to third party vendors. All of our distribution can be opted-out of at any time , if you change your mind.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). If you want to read up on all of the legal detail, you can find info here. While it is specific to individuals and businesses in the EU, we are applying compliance protocols and opt-in/opt-out documentation across our programs.
What does this mean to you?
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide to us. You may give us information about you when you register with our website or by communicating with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create a customer account, use our services, provide us with feedback, purchase items from our store, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and credit or debit card details.
Information we collect about you based on your use of our website. To improve our overall user experience and protect against bad actors such as hackers, we do follow standard practices of logging certain activities for site analytics and improvement. When you visit our website or use our app we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, device information (such as the model and version of your device), platform and;
- Information about your visit, including products and events you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any data entered into the page during your visit; and
- Location Data, including your precise location (longitude and latitude details with the time that the details are captured), which is provided by using information, such as your IP address or GPS sensors. We will only collect information about your location if you have provided consent for us to do so.
- Billing information, including contact information, credit and debit card information, and billing address. We use Shopify to do so, which is encrypted and stored via Shopify’s servers. The Billing Address is only used for fraud prevention purposes. We do not use or share your Billing information for any other purpose than the fulfilling your orders.
- Email Address, we retain Email addresses for marketing and customer contact purposes. If you signed up for one or more of our marketing newsletters, you will get that on its regular schedule. Marketing newsletters are always an opt-in. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our emails, it is quick and easy to do that via the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each message you receive, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will not sell or give a third party your email address.
- Purchase History, We log purchase history to provide excellent customer service and verify return material authorizations in the case of refund or return requests.
- Payment Information, all payments are processed through PayPal’s secured payment processing platform. Online purchases were the chosen payment method is Credit Card are protected by secure encrypted servers, as provided by PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. It is necessary that we collect personal data mentioned above to complete the order.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
All automatically collect information is treated with respect in accordance with best practices, and no effort is made to link the above information to a particular user with the possible exception of investigating fraudulent or other potentially malicious activities.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
1800 Lombardi Ln
Santa Rosa CA US 95407
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties for lawful purposes. We will never disclose such data on an individual or identifiable basis to third parties except when we must comply with laws that require such disclosure to law enforcement authorities or other government third party officials such as subpoenas, or we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others and to investigate fraud.
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that
allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct, payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS, requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here. Payments are Processed through PayPal’s secure payment processing platform. Online purchases where the chosen payment method is Credit Card are protected by secure encrypted servers, as provided by PayPal https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
We use third party analytics services (Google Analytics) to help analyze, at a high level, how users interact with our sites and other products. Anonymous information is gathered by the third party using cookies and other technologies, and may be transferred to them for the purpose of creating reports on user activity. For more, see Google Analytic’s Privacy Details : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
We use Facebook to monitor our ad performance on their platform and quantify the number of users visiting our website. This data is not shared with any other party, and is solely for internal metrics for ad performance.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment
transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to
proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted
To help us improve the performance and user experience of our sites, we will employ a standard mechanism called a “cookie” to store limited amounts of information in a site users’ browser or device. Cookies are employed when necessary to facilitate a transaction (examples include signing up for a newsletter, purchasing a product, or completing a survey), let us know when you visit our websites, how you interact with us, to enrich user experience (keep a pop-up window from opening up repeatedly, track aggregate site user behavior), to customize your relationship with us, or when otherwise reasonably necessary to allow a third party tool to function.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
1800 Lombardi Ln
Santa Rosa CA US 95407
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]